Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brian Lovdahl

>>Where the heck are you now?

Champaign, IL

>>Are you married? Single? Secretly a cult member?

Married Amy Vellenga (also MHS 1982) in 1986 - nearly 22 years now.

>>What have you been up to all these years?

Immediately after High School, I went to ITT Tech in St. Louis for 2 years. I moved to Champaign after I finished school, Amy was enrolled as a Junior at the University of Illinois. I started working and liked the company so we settled into the community, bought a house, had 3 kids, and are now working to put them through school. Our oldest is Chris (19) who is going to community college, but hopes to transfer to the U of I. Andrew (16) is going to the University of Illinois Labratory High School. He starts his Sr. year this fall. Elizabeth (13) is our youngest, and has one more year of middle school before heading off to high school.

>>What on earth do you do for a living?

For the past 23 years I have been supporting or selling enterprise computing systems and components. I spent 18-years with the company I started with out of tech school, and I'm starting my 6th year with my current employer.

>>Last time you were in Monmouth?

March, 2008. Visiting my parents and Amy's dad. Three of my six siblings still live in or around Monmouth, so we visit several times per year. The attached photos were taken at the Buchanan Art Center in Monmouth. Amy's dad had a showing of his photography.

>>How do you explain "Zippers" to people?

Yeah, that one comes up from time-to-time. One of the guys I used to work with grew up in Fisher, IL. Their team name is the Fisher Bunnies, but this guy felt sorry for us.

(ed. note: I knew someone who played for the Teutopolis Lady Wooden Shoes if it makes you feel better...)

>>Favorite motion picture of all time?

Nothing comes to mind. Not much of a movie, TV fan.

>>You've come this far.. how bout an email address for folks to keep in contact with ya?

b_lovdahl@yahoo.com, but it can easily be a few days between checking it.

>>Do you have your own website?

If you are curious, you can check out my LinkedIn Profile ...I'm just starting to use this site more for business contacts and introductions.

>>Finally, any current/old photos to share?

Photo 1 - John Vellenga (father-in-law), Elizabeth (13, daughter), Andrew (16, son), Chris (19, son).
Photo 2 - Andrew (16, son), Brian Lovdahl (44, me), Creighton Lovdahl (my father & cancer survivor), Elizabeth (13, daughter).




No comments: