Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Leisa Leary (Abbadusky)

>>Where the heck are you now?

Tulsa, OK

>>Are you married? Single? Secretly a cult member? What have you been up to all these years?

I married in 1984, lived in Irving, Texas for 12 years. I then moved to Lebanon, Missouri for another 9 years and then moved to Tulsa.

I am no longer married. I was married to Pat Leary for 16 years but now divorced for nearly a decade. We had one son, Aaron J.P. Leary, who is 17 this July. He is the reason I kept my married name! I have done some dating, but decided not to even do that the last 3 years. If I do get married again, I will let God send me that person. I seem to pick the wrong men. If I don't get married again, then that will be okay with me as well. That's all I have to say about that.

>>What on earth do you do for a living?

Well, I was in the financial industry until 27 when I had my son. I then stayed home to raise him and be a domestic engineer for 7 years. Since I have been back in the marketplace, I have worked as an Insurance Agent for a large company. I just moved over to a different but also large insurance company as an Agent. It's not what I really want to do for a living, but it pays well and I work with good people.

What do I do for fun? If I am not working, I am traveling with the Praise & Worship Team from my church. Wherever the Pastor travel too to minister is where the P&W Team travels as well. Next year, hopefully, we will travel to Israel and somewhere in South Africa. My mom and little sister, Ginger are on the team as well. Mom plays the keyboard and Ginger is the lead singer. Then there is me who sings 2nd Soprano and then we have a husband and wife on the team as well. It takes a lot of my time, but I know that it is a very important part in my destiny and reaching out to people in need of help that can truly only be lasting if it comes from God, our Creator!

I also have 2 dogs that are my "other" kids and I love them like they are my kids. I have and always will be an extreme animal lover!!

>>Last time you were in Monmouth?

The last time in Monmouth was almost 16 years ago!!! My step-dad, Trinney Arteaga, asked me to sing in his church so I did do that. Pat's family lived there still, so we visited them as well. Since then, Pat's mom and dad have passed away. Mike Leary lives in the house that he and his brother spent their high school years in. Trinney actually lives on the same road across the way from Red.

>>How do you explain "Zippers" to people?

Well, actually, I don't. I haven't talked about them in years!!

>>Favorite motion picture of all time?

I guess that would be the original "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" and "The Sound Of Music" and "The Titanic". I have so many but they are in the top 5.

>>You've come this far.. how bout an email address for folks to keep in contact with ya?

LChrist7@Hotmail.com

No comments: