Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wes Lovdahl

>>Where the heck are you now?

Not hard to find, still in the Maple City if I can still call it that.

>>Are you married? Single? Secretly a cult member? What have you been up to all these years?

Yes I am (married). Have been married for 21 years. Wife's name is Brenda. I know, my sister has the same name. She's from Alexis, a few years younger than myself. Met her while stopped at McDonalds in Galeburg. Yea, romantic, eh. We have three boys, Preston is 20 attending Carl Sandburg College, Drew 18 who will be attending Carl Sandburg next spring, and Alex is 13 in 8th grade. I can't tell you what I have been up to I'd be writing a book. I can tell you I was head freshman football coach at Monmouth (when it was still MHS) during coach Dobry's last four as head varsity football coach. And I will say I enjoyed all four years. It was like getting a chance to go back in time to high school again. Gary Miller (art teacher/football coach) was the person who convinced me to get my certificate and apply with the school. But it was very rewarding. Shortly before I was coaching I played in a cover band along with Mike Barry called Majikcow a name we stole from Cameron Thow. That lasted around four years. I'm still a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and well maybe this will be the Cubs year. Or not.

>>What on earth do you do for a living?

Currently I work for IMI MCR. I do electrical testing on juice machines. Basically we refurbish these machines and when they are rebuilt I do all the testing on them. The other direction I am going as some of you already know from the reunion, I currently have a band called Angels Grave and this band differs from our last bandin that we write our own music. We have I believe 26 recorded songs to date. At the reunion I believe we had twelve recorded songs at the time. Mike Barry is a part of this band as well. We have underwent a line-up change and are currently in rehearsal mode before playing out. We have gotten some airplay in the Quad Cities and 98KUPD in Phoenix has given us some airplay as well. Any of you that aren't too far away we'd love to see you at a show in the future.

>>Last time you were in Monmouth?

Hmmm, I guess that would be now.

>>How do you explain 'Zippers' to people?

Can't recall the last time I did. It's the Titans now, but thats a whole other subject.

>>Favorite motion picture of all time?

Man I have so many movies I can't even answer that question. Iron Man was very good, I enjoy all the Marvel movies. Loved the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. And I have to say the History Of The World Part 1 (Mel Brooks) is a classic. I may have to update this info.

>>You've come this far.. how bout an email address for folks to keep in contact with ya?

Yes I can be reached at p_frehley@hotmail.com and you're more than welcome to email me...

>>Do you have your own website? You may plug it here....

Finally, this is the bands site www.myspace.com/angelsgraverockson Here you will see the most recent pictures of myself. Yea, it's a rock band and my hair is still long. All though it was short when i was coaching.

>>Finally, any current/old photos to share? (no nudity please...)

I will have to look to see if there are any pics on this computer. Guess not, I will update soon with some pictures of my family. Oh, we have two dogs and a bird. I just knew you wanted to know that.

No comments: