Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bart Blum

>>Where the heck are you now?

Berkeley, California.

>>Are you married? Single? Secretly a cult member? What have you been up to all these years?

My wife Tenny and I have been married for 12 years. We have traveled lots -- to Japan, Thailand, Indonesia and Mexico. We have 2 kids--Jackson is 8 years old and loves sports and music (currently "What You Got" by Colby O'Donis is his favorite); Jade is 6 years old and is into soccer and gymnastics. She knows all the lyrics of "High School Musical."

It should come as no surprise that I WAS a cult leader -- the "Transcendent Master of Arts in the Great Wars of Consciousness of the Late Twentieth Century"... I got tired of the responsibility that entailed, so abandoned my post and went to graduate school in environmental science and policy at UC Berkeley.

>>What on earth do you do for a living?

I am Vice President of a landscape supply company...www.americansoil.com

In my spare time I play guitar and sing in a classic rock band "Black Guitar Conspiracy"...

>>Last time you were in Monmouth?

My folks still live in the same house I grew up in, so we visit regularly. Last visit was at Christmas, 2007.

>>How do you explain "Zippers" to people?

I put it in my stand-up comedy monologue and get lots of chuckles every time..

>>Favorite motion picture of all time?

"Silence of the Lambs", tied with "The Godfather", with a nod to "Repo Man"...

>>You've come this far.. how bout an email address for folks to keep in contact with ya?

bblum@well.com

>>Finally, any current/old photos to share? (no nudity please...)

Assorted Blum photography ensues...

1. Bart with son Jackson on the way to Soccer...
2. Bart with his daughter Jade
3. Bart with his wife Tenny
4. Bart on stage with his band...



















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bartochan...Bartochan...you must go get the shoes!